- Key to Sustainability Daily Clues
- The Black Belt Connection
- Campbell Environmental Educational Center dedicated March 18
- Craft of twining explored in Moore’s book
- Continuing Education Summer Art Classes announced
The Center for the Study of the Black Belt believes that people develop a shared sense of pride and stewardship of their homeland if they understand its history, culture, and natural environment.
The Center encourages scholars and citizens to address the region’s challenges by promoting its abundant and unique natural, historical, and cultural resources.
1. To research and document the historical, cultural, and natural resources of the Black Belt.
2. To provide programs and instructional materials for community members, K-12 teachers, and students
3. To partner with and support academic scholars interested in the region, especially in the fields of public history, historic preservation, archaeology, ecology, and education
4. To aid in collaborative efforts among community, academic, and professional organizations
5. To help unite the people of the Black Belt in a shared sense of pride, identity, and hope