- Alabama Trust for Historic Preservation and Alabama Historical Commission announce 2017 Places in Peril
- UWA receives multi-year grant to focus on rural health
- Algae Solution Clean-up at UWA Duck Pond
- UWA Career Exploration Summer Camp now accepting student applications
- You’re Invited to Fort Tombecbe Community Day
UWA Career Exploration Summer Camp now accepting student applications
The University of West Alabama (UWA) will host two 2017 Career Exploration Summer Camps (CESC) for students who will be sophomores and juniors during the 2017-2018 school year. The camps will be held on June 11-16 and June 25-30, 2017. Students will be asked to list their first and second preference for camp attendance. If selected, student preference will be taken into consideration for assignments.
The CESC is a residential program where students will stay on the UWA campus. The purpose of the CESC Program is to offer students the ability to explore career options and prepare for college through interactive and engaging hands-on activities, field trips and presentations. The CESC Program, sponsored by the Daniel Foundation of Alabama, is open to students attending public and private secondary schools across the State. The CESC is an extremely intense and structured learning opportunity for youth in the secondary school systems of Alabama.